Warhill Principal Tells All About Her Occupation

Michele Newcomb is the “proud principal” at Warhill High School. She began her tenure in March of 2022. She has been Warhill’s Principal for over a year now. Education has been a lifelong passion for her. “Growing up, I always wanted to become a teacher, and I was a history teacher for eight years. After a few years in the classroom, I became a mentor to other new teachers, and so I realized that I really enjoyed helping other teachers become better teachers. I got into school administration, and I’ve just moved up to here.” Ms. Newcomb praises the aspects that may be fun or even challenging about her occupation. She says that she looks forward to coming to school every day to see the students. She also notes the challenges that she faces, “I think the biggest challenge I go through is finding time to do all of the things. I like to prioritize getting into classrooms, seeing instruction, watching students learn. Sometimes that becomes challenging if other things are happening around the building.” Her biggest motivation to get through these challenges is seeing students. She touches on the surprises that come with the job. “Some days I go home, and I think ‘Gosh, I never thought I’d have to deal with that kind of stuff.’ But for the most part, it’s exactly what I thought it would be.”