Amelia Malone performs for the crowd.
Amelia Malone performs for the crowd.
Amy Meister

Talent at Warhill

The auditorium was buzzing with excitement as students anxiously awaited their turn to display their talents. From mesmerizing dance routines to soulful music performances, the stage was set for an unforgettable evening. Backstage, nervous performers took deep breaths and mentally prepared themselves to give it their all. As the curtains slowly began to rise, the spotlight was on the talented individuals who each took center stage and captivated the audience with their raw talents and passions.

This year’s talent show at Warhill High School was one to remember. Many talented, young students performed, and the crowd was ecstatic when each one stepped on stage. There were a lot of different talents: singing, lip syncing, instruments, etc.

“It was nice; I was surprised about the talent in Warhill. People I have known for years, showing talents I did not know they had. I am so proud of everyone who performed,” remarked Charzelle Garvin.

Jack Crank got the crowd warmed up when he first went on the stage and performed, both singing and playing the piano, for “Take Me to the Moon.” by Bruno Mars. Crank said, “I was kind of nervous at the start, but I felt good when it ended because I got it over with.”

Christiana Francois highlighted her vocal talents, singing a song that required controlled breathing. She was nervous at first but that quickly changed when the crowd got rowdy and gave her the confidence she needed to deliver a crowd-pleasing performance. Francios said, “I was really nervous, and it was scary, but overall, I’m glad I got to experience this.”

A few acts later, Ashley Garcia won over the audience by singing “This City” by Sam Fischer. People were so moved by the song they started swaying their arms with the flashlights on their phones to show their support. The lights started to brighten as the final acts finished. Audience member Rinn Wiggins said, “Everyone did so well. They did an excellent job for the line up, and everyone deserved the spot where they got it!”